- 1 Our Top ATV Helmets for Youth Reviews
- 1.1 Best Overall ATV Helmet For Youth: Fly Racing 2021 Kinetic Helmet – Thrive
- 1.2 Best ATV Helmet For Youth For The Money: O’Neal 0200-463 2SRS Youth Helmet
- 1.3 Best Cheap ATV Helmet For Youth: Smartdealsnow DOT Youth & Kids Helmet
- 1.4 Best Versatile ATV Helmet For Youth: ILM Youth Kids ATV Motocross Helmet
- 1.5 Best ATV Helmet For Youth Glasses Wearers: FMX Youth Motocross Dirt Bike Off-Road ATV Motorcycle Helmet
- 2 Features to Consider for ATV Helmets for Youth
- 3 Conclusion
As the young ones enjoy the immense fun that comes with ATVs, overlooking the need for the right protective gear can be unfortunate. That’s why this article discusses the best ATV helmets for youth.
They will protect your loved one in case of a fall to avoid severe and even fatal injuries. But, equally important, they make things such as debris, wind, and dust that often suck the fun out of the exercise a thing of the past. Read on!
Our Top ATV Helmets for Youth Reviews
Best Overall ATV Helmet For Youth: Fly Racing 2021 Kinetic Helmet – Thrive
On top of our list of the best ATV helmets for youth is the Flying Racing 2021 Kinetic. Its design is perfect, considering various essential aspects such as racing, adventure, and performance. They are all associated with fun and satisfaction, which every rider is looking for.
On the other hand, its construction is impressive. It uses polymer material to ensure that it is lightweight without compromising quality. Its comfort is indisputable since it has a removable comfort liner to ensure that it is as comfortable as possible. The EPS liner, dual-density for that matter, takes the comfort an extra mile.
With the DOT approval, you can confidently go for it when heading to off-road riding. There are various sizes available, and all you have to do is choose the right one for a perfect fit. Its ventilation keeps the wearer cool, whereas the face padding makes them comfortable and absorbs any sweat.
- LIGHTWEIGHT FULLFACE HELMET: Weighing in at 2.95 lbs./1342 grams, this full face, DOT approved helmet is...
- PROTECTIVE RIDING GEAR: Made with a lightweight polymer shell, dual-density EPS liner, and removable comfort...
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: All FLY helmets feature TFV (True Functional Ventilation), which helps to keep the rider...
- PRECISE FIT: Three shells and four EPS sizes provide a precise fit for a variety of head sizes.
- RIDING GEAR DONE RIGHT: Inspired by racing, driven by adventure, and crafted for performance, FLY Racing’s...
Best ATV Helmet For Youth For The Money: O’Neal 0200-463 2SRS Youth Helmet
O’Neal is a brand one can trust when buying cycling gear and its ATV helmet for youth Villain series is no exception. For instance, the manufacturer uses the best material blend in its shell construction, polycarbonate, and ABS, to ensure that it lasts for a long time and protects you whenever needed.
Comfort is also well sorted with the ultra-push makes it comfortable. It also promotes hygiene since it is removable and washable. Besides protecting your head and face, its nose guard prevents you from breaking your nose as well.
Don’t second guess its efficiency since it even has the DOT approval. It is evident that it has what it takes to protect youths in case of an accident. It also keeps the wearer cool since it has various air vents for ample ventilation.
Moreover, since it is aerodynamic, the rider need not worry about debris, dust, or wind disturbance, among other interferences.
- Polycarbonate/ABS Shell construction
- Ultra-plush removable/washable padded liner
- Multiple air vents for maximum ventilation and cooling
- Rubber roost nose guard
- Double-D release chin strap
Best Cheap ATV Helmet For Youth: Smartdealsnow DOT Youth & Kids Helmet
It is a brand that lives up to its name since buying this SmartDealsNow helmet for your youth means getting a high-quality product at a fair price. But, despite being affordable, you can rest assured that its quality is impressive.
No wonder the DOT saw the need to approve it. It is a clear indication of the perfect design and construction to serve its purpose right.
Its interior padding makes it quite comfortable for the wearer. It is also enough to protect your loved one in the event of an impact. You have several sizes to choose from for a proper fit.
- Certified to meet the DOT standard (FMVSS 218)
- Helmet Size: Small(19.2 / 19.7 Inch),Helmet Size: Medium(20.1 / 20.5 Inch),Helmet Size: Large(20.9 / 21.2...
- This is the perfect choice for those looking for a high quality motocross, off-on road, or ATV helmet package...
- Heavily cushioned and comfortable interior which can be removed for washing and cleaning.
- Package Includes: 1 Helmet & 1 Helmet Bag,
Best Versatile ATV Helmet For Youth: ILM Youth Kids ATV Motocross Helmet
Whether the rider rides a snowmobile, scooter, street bike, or UTV, the ILM helmets will not disappoint. Their material is ABS which makes the shell sturdy enough to protect you when a need arises. Equally important, its EPS interior lining ensures that it is as comfortable as it can get.
You don’t want to jeopardize the health and life of your kid. So how do you ensure that the helmet will be an excellent fit for the job? The DOT approval speaks volumes about how reliable the product is.
Equally important, its field of vision is wide, and peripheral vision is also commendable. The ample ventilation promotes coolness avoiding excess sweating.
- Quality ABS shell, high-density EPS padding, meets or exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards, providing...
- Multiple air vents, designed with removable cheek pads which absorb sweat and are breathable while...
- Adjustable sun visor, allowing youth riders to adjust so that they have a greater field of view.
- Strong quick release buckle, which makes helmet more convenient and safer to wear.
- Each kids ATV helmet is sold with 1 pair of sports gloves and 1 pair of UV-resistant goggles which is designed...
Best ATV Helmet For Youth Glasses Wearers: FMX Youth Motocross Dirt Bike Off-Road ATV Motorcycle Helmet
When all is said and done, the most crucial aspect of an ATV helmet for youth is its safety standards. This FMX youth helmet meets if not surpassing them hence the approval of DOT.
The ABS material makes it durable and lightweight. Consequently, it lasts for a long time without being a bother to the rider. In addition, its adjustable visor ensures that you are always protected from the sun.
Its ventilation is amazing, coupled with four exhaust vents and five intake ones. As a result, the rider can rely on its vision, and it also fits goggles and glasses perfectly. Its multilayer EPS liner is comfortable and, above all, removable and washable.
- DOT certified for Safety, meets or exceeds FMVSS-218 and DOT safety standards
- HI-FLOW ventilation system powered by 5 intake and 4 exhaust vents; enlarged eye port provides excellent...
- Removable, washable liner is moisture wicking and hypoallergenic; adjustable visor for versatile sun...
- Durable and lightweight ABS shell reduces neck fatigue (3.3lbs Adult MD) with Multi-Layer EPS crash liner for...
- Three shell sizes means a refined fitting experience; smaller and lighter shell for youth sizes
Features to Consider for ATV Helmets for Youth
Since the list of ATV helmets of youth is quite long, you need to be wise when buying one. Here are some of the features that you need to consider for a great buying decision.
Unless you buy an ATV helmet, it will never be in your favor. Can you imagine wearing a wobbling and wiggling helmet? That can be not very pleasant and can also compromise the fun you want from your ride.
Besides compromising comfort, a loose helmet might disappoint you at the hour of need. For instance, it might get off your head before you even hit the hard ground. Therefore, it may not serve its purpose when you need it to.
That’s why you need to select a perfect fit that remains intact at all times and also gives the youth the comfort they deserve.
Sometimes, the impact after a fall can be pretty huge, hence the need to have a sturdy helmet to withstand it besides protecting you.
Therefore, it is essential to choose the material of your ATV helmet for youth wisely. It plays a massive role in determining whether the product will be durable or not.
Any rider will appreciate ample airflow in the helmet because it ensures that it doesn’t overheat, leading to excess sweating. To achieve that, you, the buyer, need to look for a helmet with air vents and slits.
Preferably, settle for one with an adjustable vent since some instances need more ventilation than others. Keep in mind that the material also determines whether the wearers stay sweat-free and dry or not.
It would be dangerous to have an ATV helmet for youth with ample visibility and peripheral vision. In addition, it hinders the rider from spotting an approaching vehicle which isn’t good at all.
That explains the need for one that doesn’t compromise visibility or peripheral vision. But, equally important, the helmet should also be noticeable to other road users.
The faster the riding style, the more the need to buy a helmet with much protection. After all, the impact will be significant if an accident occurs when the rider rides relatively fast. Therefore, as you buy an ATV helmet for your youth, consider their speed range.
Don’t let your loved one wear a helmet just for the sake it doing so. On the contrary, it should have what it takes to protect them in case of an accident. To be sure, look for the helmets with certifications, especially the DOT approval.
Others include ECE certification and Snell Certification. All those indicate that the product has proven effective after various tests.
ATV helmets for youth also come in various designs and colors. As you select one, ensure that they fit the personality of the rider perfectly. However, don’t compromise any other factor as you focus on the style. It is not worth it for obvious reasons.
Last but not least, consider the cost of the helmet you take home. The material, durability, and style are some of the things that determine how cheap or expensive the helmet will be.
Keep in mind that you don’t have to break the bank to buy one. It may be relatively expensive, but the price is always reasonable. Again, don’t choose low price over quality.
ATV helmets for youth are meant to protect your young ones from severe injuries after a huge impact following an accident. Choosing the best products guarantees that. However, the best way of ensuring that you take home is by considering the necessary factors.
Now that you have them and recommendations at your disposal, ensure that you buy your loved one a helmet that serves its purpose excellently.